Halloween Party Inspiration: Poison Apple Berry Cocktail
With Halloween just around the corner, we thought it was the perfect time to share this spooky concoction to take your Halloween parties and get-together's to the next level.
Adding a themed drink (and dessert) is the perfect way to wow your guests. We recommend pairing this drink with our Spooky Ghost Cake. With only a few days left to order, now's the perfect time to secure yours! The order cutoff is October 24th 2021, at midnight.
We would describe this drink as:
This drink is somewhat of a surprise as the flavours come together to create a rather unique experience. A mix of crisp apple, sour cran and ginger meld together to make a 'potion' full of warm tones and sparkly notes. Your guests will be left guessing what they're sipping on... which is perfect for adding that additional level of mystery to your spooky themed party.
A bonus about this recipe is that it's very easy to customize your drink and to make it kid-friendly.
Let's jump into the recipe:
Serves 1 (recipe makes a single)
- 1 oz Gin
- 1 1/2 oz Cranberry Juice
- 2oz Sparkling Apple juice
- 1oz Ginger Beer
- pinch Gold Edible Glitter
- Sliced Apple
- Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
- Pour in gin, cranberry juice, sparkling apple cider, ginger beer and the pinch of edible glitter. Give it a good shake, being careful to hold the top tightly.
- Fill your desired drinking glass with the 'potion'.
- Use a toothpick and slide on the apple by poking through the top and the bottom of the slice, add a cranberry on the tip and garnish your drink.
- The edible glitter will naturally fall to the bottom of the glass if its been sitting. Stir to see the beautiful shimmer.
- If you are not a ginger fan, feel free to omit the ginger beer and use tonic water or more sparkling apple cider.
- To make this non-alcoholic just omit the gin, and add a little more of the juices, ginger beer or tonic water.
- If you don't have a cocktail shaker, you can mix all ingredients straight in your glass.
That's it! Pretty simple, but such a fun and special way to greet your guests as they are welcomed into your Halloween bash.
We'd love to know if you decided to make this drink! Leave us a comment below if you tried it.
- Karli and Julia
This recipe is adapted from Half Baked Harvest's, "I put a spell on you' Poison Apple Martini.