Easy Bakery Style Butter Pie Dough
The Best All Butter Pie Dough
We are so excited to share our Trove Desserts Bakery style all-butter pie dough recipe with you.
This pie dough makes the best crust for any of your pie needs, and it's fool-proof. Tried and tested at our bakery over and over again, this pie dough was used to make our famous pumpkin pie's and butter tarts! We hope that you give this a try.
Stay tuned for more videos in our pie series, where we show you how to roll out your dough, make delicious pie fillings and decorate your pie like a pro!
In this video we share one of our best bakery tips - how to properly measure out flour so that your pie dough is never dry and crumbles, but is super easy to handle and gives you the best tasting buttery pie ever!
- 5 c of all-purpose flour
- 2 c unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- cold water
- Measure 5 cups of flour into a large bowl.
- Cut butter into 1/2" cubes and place over top of the flour.
- Using your hands or a pastry cutter, mix the butter with the flour until it is crumbly and has large (pea size) pieces of butter throughout.
- In a liquid measuring cup, add one egg and the vinegar to the cup and give it a whisk. Fill the measuring cup to the 1 cup measurement with very cold water, and whisk mixture together.
- Add all the liquid to the flour-butter mixture. Continue to mix with hands until it forms a shaggy dough and starts to come together.
- Split the dough in 4 equal portions, and form a disk with your hands. Tightly wrap each disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours before rolling it out.
Storage: Up to 3 days in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
Bake: Bake according to your pie filling recipe.