Super Easy Apple Crisp
Easy Apple Crisp Recipe
We are so excited to share this super versatile mini apple crisp recipe! It's been a family favorite of ours for many years.
It's a simple and easy way to use apples from your fridge or freezer. In this video we showcase making mini apple crisps - but you can easily change the baking vessel for something you have on hand (like an 8" x 8" baking pan or similar).
We hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Be sure to leave us a comment if you give this recipe a try!
- 4 cups peeled and chopped apple*
- 1 tbsp lemon juice 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (can use old fashioned oats)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
*for 8" x 8" pan, make 1.5X fruit mixture
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Peel and chop the apples and place into a bowl.
- Pour in the lemon juice, followed by the cinnamon and mix the apples until they are well coated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon. Mix by hand or using a wooden spoon until it's thoroughly mixed together and crumbles.
- Pour the apples into the ramekins leaving about 1/2" room at the top.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over each one, trying not to pack the mixture down too much.
- Bake the apple crisps for about 40-50 minutes, until the apples are softened and crisp is golden brown (test this by placing a fork or knife into the apples - they should be soft and easy to pierce).
- Let them cool for about 10 minutes. Serve them warm, and add a scoop of icecream on top for the ultimate treat!