How to make Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins are good, but have you ever tried making them from home? Well we sought out to create an at home version of the tasty treat, and let me tell you, they are even BETTER than the Starbucks pumpkin muffin...in our humble opinion. There is just something special about a FRESHLY baked, perfectly spiced, soft, moist, pumpkiny muffin topped with a nice dollop of cream cheese.
These are not only delicious, but they are incredibly easy and come together in a few minutes. Give them a try - they make the perfect snack and lightly sweetened breakfast!
- Karli and Julia
For the Pumpkin Muffin Batter:
- 15 oz (430g) pure pumpkin puree (approximately 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup (115 mL) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (130g) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (238g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (link to our recipe)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- 4 oz (115g) cream cheese (1/2 brick)
- 3 tbsp (38g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sour cream
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
- Start by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly grease it to prevent sticking.
Step 2: Create the Pumpkin Muffin Batter
- Combine the pumpkin puree and vegetable oil, whisking until smooth.
- Add the granulated and brown sugar and mix until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Mix in the vanilla extract until fully combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, pumpkin pie spice, ground cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the pumpkin batter, stirring until just combined. Try not to overmix the batter at this step.
Step 4: Prepare the Cream Cheese Filling
- In a separate bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until it's velvety and smooth using an electric mixer.
- Add the granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and sour cream to the cream cheese. Continue to mix until you have a luxurious cream cheese filling.
Step 5: Assemble the Muffins
- Fill each muffin cup with a spoonful of the pumpkin muffin batter (we like to fill to the top of the cup to get larger muffins!)
- Using a piping bag, pipe a generous amount of the cream cheese filling in the middle of each muffin.
Step 6: Bake to Perfection
- Bake your muffins in the preheated oven for approximately 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the pumpkin part comes out clean. The cream cheese filling may still be soft, but that's what makes it so delightful!
- Let the muffins cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. (We like to tilt the muffins sideways to release some of the hot steam that can often make the bottom of a muffin a bit soggy.)
* we earn a small commission on the items purchased from these links, at no additional cost to you. We appreciate your support!