Recipe: Strawberry Rhubarb White Chocolate Blondies
Indulge in the ultimate summer treat with our irresistible Strawberry Rhubarb White Chocolate Blondies! Bursting with the vibrant flavours of fresh, in-season fruit, these easy-to-make delights are a sweet and tangy treat that will satisfy your cravings and leave you longing for more... Need I say more? Lets jump into the recipe below.
• 2 cups/ 240g All Purpose flour (+ plus 1 Tbs for sprinkling on fruit)
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
• 1 cup & 2 Tbs/ 250g salted butter (melted)
• 1 ¼ cups/ 250g light brown sugar
• 1 ½ tsp vanilla
• 2 large eggs
• 2 cups fresh fruit (we used 1 ½ cups of fresh rhubarb & ½ cup of fresh strawberries)
• ½ cup mini white chocolate chips
• ¼ cup of Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam (or any jam of your liking)
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9x13inch baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. Gently melt the butter in a microwaveable dish. Let it cool slightly.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter and brown sugar. Whisk together to break up any clumps.
5. Add eggs and vanilla extract to the butter mixture. Whisk vigorously until light and fluffy.
6. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and gently fold together, leaving a few streaks of flour.
7. Coat the chopped fruit with a tablespoon of flour by gently stirring it.
8. Add the coated fruit and white chocolate chips to the batter. Fold them in until just combined.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly.
10. Spoon teaspoons of jam over the blondies, then use the back of a knife to swirl the jam on top.
11. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
12. Let cool on the counter, then refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.